Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Review of Week 2 of Transfer 6

This email was sent April 27, 2009

Dear Everyone,

How is everyone doing? It is good to hear from you. Thank you for the emails. I enjoy them and look forward to reading each one every week.

I received Lahni's wedding announcement. That is amazing. I am very excited for both of them. The wedding announcement was very well done.

Dad, Mom, Grandma, Heather and Paul, thank you so much for the letters. Dad, I really liked the pictures on my card. I still have not received the package yet. Chances are that I will not get it any time soon. I am going to get the pictures to you. It might not be for another three or four weeks before you get them; however, you will get them as soon as I can get them to you.

There is going to be a baptism next week on the third!! She is awesome!! She is 25 , very humble, and very smart. She has a strong faith in the gospel and is already getting strong fellowship.

I am going to have a new mission president starting my 8th transfer.

We had a very fruitful week. Thank you so much for you prayers. That really did help. We focused on setting realistic goals and working hard to accomplish them. It worked well.
This week during Zone conference the assistants came out with a policy of no taking naps during lunch and dinner. I thought it was rough! I could not imagine how I could do that. I took a nap every lunch! However, I did what my leaders asked and they truly where inspired by the Lord. I have more time. I can talk with the Elders in my house more. I can take more time and just enjoy my food. It truly was inspired. I have been given strength to overcome the fatigue. It truly shows how God works. Sometimes we really don't see the wisdom in the commandments until after we followthem. The same applies to the words of modern prophets. I have heard these wise words before and they have changed lives: "If you knew everything that I know, you would drop everything and [follow that Lord]." Simply seeing the wisdom in commandments often does not come until after you are following them. Love you all. Work hard. Come off the conqueror. I will pray for you. Please pray for me.

Elder Dan R Mason

No comments: