Sunday, May 17, 2009

From Kingston

This email was sent May 16, 2009

Dear Everyone,


Thank you, Mom and Dad, for writing me on Friday. I love you both so much and you are both so awesome. Thank you, Dad, for the advice.

I am still in the office. Once again your prayers have worked and we have found great success this week. Two people are being baptized tomorrow. I am really excited because we have 3 others that have a date. The Jamaican people are so religious. Most believe in Christ.

Mom, I do like the food. Here is a list of Jamaican foods, most of which go with rice and peas (beans): Curry chicken, Fried Chicken, Jerk Chicken, Curry goat, Mannish water (nasty goat head soup), festivals (fried bread), Dumpling (flour and salt boiled in water), Green banana (boiled to make it soft) and ackee and salt fish (catfish). There are also little things like cheese bread and spice buns.

I really am loving life. The office is a different kind of missionary work. There are 5 million things to be done and we do not have much time to do them. We go out and proselyte after 3. The church is using video conferencing now instead of sending all the mission presidents by plane. I had the wonderful experience of setting up a call for President. I had the chance to test it out and I was in a conference call with Elder Johnson of one of the seventy and other men. It was fun. I enjoyed it.

Elder Hillam, one of my old zone leaders, came on a trade-off with the assistants yesterday. It was good to see him again and to talk. He is a big-time Utes fan.
Life is good and I still need your prayers.

Love ,

Elder Dan R Mason

No comments: