Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Goodness

Hello,

There are so many things that I need to talk about today. First off, I need my driver's license AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! President called me and I need it as soon as possible in the next 3 weeks. I will explain why later in the email. I got another missionary support card already so I will be able to survive without my home card. I will not be riding a bike anymore. Both of my sunglasses broke. A screw fell out of one and the others bent somehow and they can't seem to get straight; however, don't worry. I found a nice pharmacy that can sell cheap but UV protection glasses.


My day yesterday and today was so crazy and awesome. Yesterday went very well.

Church was amazing. There were so many people at church yesterday. Nine people from our area were not members and 6 of those were investigators. That was a big tender mercy from the Lord. Then we had an amazing testimony meeting where everyone gave short heartfelt testimonies.


We had a baptism for Sister Denton. It was awesome!! The Portmore branch helped out a ton!! There was more member support than I ever could have imagined. The room was packed. I had to sit on a table in the very back of the room. Before it started I had to rush to get more chairs. We went into the next room and then they started to say the prayer. I peeked up (I know I was taught as a child not to open your eyes during prayers) and I saw something that I will never forget. I saw sister Denton bowing her head in prayer. At that moment I felt so happy that I cannot even explain it. Seeing someone change their life so quickly is a humbling experience. Seeing her go humbly before the Lord stirred a feeling of peace that is beyond any kind of words. She is very strong and will thrive in the church.


After the baptism we went out to find and teach. We had a very good day and went home satisfied. The zone leaders drove in the garage (they live with us) and rushed in. They said that we had better call President Gingery quickly because President, the Assistants, and they have been trying to call us all night. I had forgotten to turn the phone off silent after the baptism! President Gingery is not a happy man when a missionary does not answer his call. I braved it and made the call. When he answered I explained why. He quickly said it happened to him before and said he needed to talk to me. So this is what is happening. There is another missionary who is coming back to the island who had gone home for a while. He is coming back Monday night and Elder Ivie (my companion) is going to be his companion. He said that I am going to get Emergency transferred to the office with two other Elders. He told me that my assignment is to help the new mission president, who is coming at the end of next transfer, settle in. He then told me how he wanted the office to run and what my duty as an office missionary is going to be. He also told me I need a license ASAP before 3 weeks. I AM SO EXCITED. THIS IS AWESOME. Office elders p-day is on Saturday so I will be able to email you then.


Then this morning after personal study President called again. He received our numbers from accountability and wanted to call and congratulate us on the success that is happening in our area. Really, it does not get any better than that. I humbly know that this was not me. Your prayers really did help. Elder Ivie and I discussed and came to the conclusion that the reason for our success was because of striving to be obedient and diligent. The Lord saw that we wanted to be obedient even in hard times the past couple weeks. The blessings were poured out and now many will be baptized in the next month. I am so grateful to be on a mission and I am thankful for all those that are praying and helping me do this every day.


Love you all,


Elder Dan R Mason

No comments: