Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Working for the future

Hi everyone,

I love you all. I have been doing better. As I have heard, so far I am very fortunate. My MTC district has had a rough time. There are new Elders in my district and I am helping them out. I am talking and getting them to talk as much as I can. My whole zone is training.

I will pray harder for you and please pray for me. There is some investigators that are going to get married and baptized. I hope that nothing will stop them from getting married.

I am getting along with my companion well. He is a funny guy if you just know how to talk to him. Yes, he is not perfect. We are not best friends but he follows the rules and is funny. I realize he is a good man. Like I hear West is, I cannot tolerate breaking the rules. If you have true faith you are following them. I also have a strong desire to be a good missionary. However, I don't really know how to, even if I was, I have nothing to compare it to. I got all the letters and packages Thursday. Nate & Maggie, the puzzles are awesome, bars are perfect, exactly what I need, and the tape thing is awesome, but I don't have anything to play it on. Thank you for the stickers and words, Heather and Paul. I thank everyone for every letter and package. Everything that came I treasure and is perfect. It was like Christmas.

I realized how much I love snow. It was like 90 degrees on the walk over here. I need West's, Sterlings, and my uncle Mike's address. I have Clark's.

I want to tell you all of the importance of looking inside. No matter how hard the circumstances are, always look inside. NEVER blame others or the situation. Always look inside. For example, if you are not finding people to teach, NO MATTER WHAT, it is not the area. It is me. What can I change. Don't complain. It DOES NOTHING. See what needs to be fixed and make specific plans to fix it. What can you do now or today or this week. NO matter what. I have found success in this short time because of that. As you look back and see your plans, you will see how much you have changed. You will be such a better person. There is so much more I want to say about this subject but I do not have the time. Mom and Dad are good examples. MOM you have been doing this. You don't complain. You see what's wrong and work to fix it.

Everyone, do it. Epistle of Elder Mason :). Love you all!!!!!

Mom: Mom, you are awesome. Keep it up. You are a motivation and how can I slack off when you are working so hard. Love you both. Your email was typed very well.

Dad: Thank you for the letters. I really felt the truthfulness of what you sent. I really felt the spirit when I read each letter.

Ruby: Stay strong. How are you? I am going to a cheaper school when I get home.

Jared/Lisken: Your kids are awesome!! They are going to get so big. Both of you, stay strong. Lisken and Jared, I love both of you. What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Heather/Paul: Heather, you are a new mother all over again. It is weird to think that. Jadyn is very cute. Tell Ryan and Allie I said hi.

Rachelle: There are many fruit trees in Jamaica. Examples are bread fruit, june plum, we have a mango tree outside our house, and sugar cane. Did I tell you about akee? If you open it, it releases a gas and you die. No joke. You have to wait for it to open itself. I have eaten it with saltfish (catfish). Also fried foods. Jerk chicken is Jamaican. Rice and peas (rice and beans). They wear normal clothes. Except there are these weird big mess shirts that men wear. They really aren't wearing anything. A MONKEY!!!!! BUY ONE! I want one. There are no monkeys here :(.

Aaron/Julia: Hey, you two are awesome. Keep working hard. Julia, thanks again for the email.

Nate/Maggie: You have Beatles?? What? Sounds like you had fun for the anniversary. Nate!!! You are smart. I know you are. On your tests, don't guess at all!!!! Use all the knowledge you have to answer every question. You can do it. Remember Mason Technologies. The tests and stuff filter out those who do not want it as much as you do.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Westley Christensen's Mission Office:
Mira Lirio #69
Colonia Cumbria Cuautitlan Izcalli, Estado de Mexico C.P. 54740
Westley Christensen's pouch mail address:
Elder Westley Christensen
Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
P.O. Box 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 94130-0150

Julia and Aaron said...

Thanks for sending this, Jenny! I have forwarded it on to Daniel!