Monday, October 6, 2008

Rebriefing

Ok, so, sorry about last week. I wrote a lengthy 40 min. email. Then something happened with the computer and I lost it. I decided to not call the president and just write a letter. I baptized and confirmed two different people last week. One of them was my investigator. However others did most of the work. My companion and I did very well the 1st week. The assistants even called us to congratulate us. However, at the finish of week 3 we are sub-par. Week 2 was like a roller coaster. I had both good and bad moments. I am getting very used to sweating and the heat. It was 92 degrees inside the other day and I did not even realize it was that hot until someone looked at the temp. Something funny is that everyone here in Jamaica always ask " di mosquitoes mash up yer face?" I tell them it is just acne. Ok, so, also Patois is not spoken very often to me. Just the Jamaican accent is hard to understand sometimes.

Thank you everyone for emailing me. I look forward to reading all of them.

Conference was amazing. As a missionary it seems so much better. Every talk seemed to be EXACTLY what I needed. Everything. I really liked "Lift where you stand" and the talks about hope. Yesterday it started to rain hard. Very hard. A bolt hit nearby and conference went in and out. Power went out. Bolts hit so close that I felt the shock wave before the sound. Awesome. The more I thought it was awesome the better and better it got. We then went out to teach. Awesome. I am doing better. I have improved in every Christlike quality. I have so much to say but not enough time to say it. If you want to know my area Google earth or Wikipedia Spanish Town (Ensom is were I live). (Don't let mom read any of the stuff about one order, ha ha).

Pancakes are saving my life. I love them.

Blog

My first pancake

Thank you for praying for me. I know someone has. :) I really have so much to say!! I wish I could tell you about everything.

MOM: You are right I am glad we bought different kinds of shirts. LLBEAN shirts do not need to be "pressed." All of my other shirts do however. Both pairs of my shoes are amazing and like you said my gray pair of pants is my favorite. I don't really like the black as much as I thought. My socks are also very amazing. I never have sweaty feet, it seems like. I have not gotten any mail yet. I dont get any until next week. I am sure there is some at the office.

DAD: I am going to pay tithing on all the money I get from home. I wish that I could have gone to priesthood with you also.

Rachelle: Hey, I love you. Keep working hard wherever you live. Thank you once again for the cookies. Love you! Have faith!!! Faith, hope, and charity. Do IT!

Heather and Paul: I am so excited!!! That is awesome. I hope everything goes well. I will be praying. Ryan is a common name here but they say ray in.

Jared and Lisken: Hope you are all doing well. I will be praying for you and I hope you are feeling better, Jared. Love you both.

Aaron and Julia: I guessed that you would not buy the house. I have heard some things about the market and it sounds bad. Lilly and Eldon are so cute. I had such a fun time with them. Thank you so much for writing and doing the blog. You are AWESOME!

Nate and Maggie: I love you guys. Keep up the good work. You two are so blessed to live in ---. Nate, if you could update me on some movies that would be awesome!! You are the only one who can! I have faith. X men 4 or 5? Seriously look up Spanish Town Jamaica.

I LOVE YOU ALL EVERYONE

No comments: