Sent Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Hi all. I am doing good. Aaron and Nathan, I agree with you about singing. I have been doing it already but I think that I will do it more. I am not starving but the fact that I might have to eat macaroni my whole mission is a scary thought. I broke down earlier last week a couple of times. I definitely need more faith. I wanted to talk to someone. I don't know. Last week was very hard for me.
Jared, you are right. This country is much like Guatemala. Many of the things I remember you saying are true for Jamaica. No hot water and other things. I really don't mind most of the time about no hot water.
Dad, I think my mission president knows me well but I do not know what he thinks about me. I hope it is good. Your story helps me in more ways than one. I have aspirations of doing some leadership. I just need to focus on working hard instead.
The Jamaican mission is all about exact obedience. It is good because trying to follow all the rules in exactness reduces the homesickness.
Don't forget to write me ever on my mission. I look forward to reading your emails and letters. To everyone that reads the blog, if you have not sent me a letter, I do not have your address.
I am homesick. I was so glad to leave home. I miss the little things that we did or we didn't do. Just sitting together. I am good at the moment but last week I was very homesick. I still am working hard.
Duppie means ghost. Some kids were calling us it.
So there is a fruit here called Ackee. People eat it with saltfish (catfish). The crazy thing is you have to pick it at the right time or you die. It looks like an apple\pepper. If you open it, it releases a poisonous gas and it kills you. So you have to wait until it opens naturally and you can see the seeds.
I am having a hard time but I am good at the moment. I love you all and I don't have much time to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment