Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Family

This email was sent September 21, 2009

Dear Family,

How is everything? Thank you Mom, Dad, and Nate and Maggie for the emails. Keep up the hard work. It seems like you are busy. Keep it up. You can progress so much faster if you are always busy, using your talents that the Lord has given you. He will give you more. I just had that lesson in Gospel Principles recently.

My schedule is busy also. I had three exchanges this week, an interview to do, two baptisms on Saturday (one was one of our investigators that the Branch President did, the other was a man who asked me to perform his baptism). I did the confirmation on Sunday and then was asked by the Elders' Quorum President to give the Elders' Quorum lesson, which he asked me to do while I was sitting next to him before we were about to pass the sacrament. It is nice to be busy as a missionary.

I had a great inspiration yesterday as we where teaching man. I realized that life is all how you look at it. If you look at it with an eyeglass of fear or doubt. It will be miserable. We need to look at it with an eye of faith. We need child-like optimism. I have been thinking about things and thinking of the worst situation and felt that it was the truth. It was more like pessimistic realism. However, I did not feel good. I just felt miserable. I realized I need an eye of faith. I love you all so much. I could not even wish for a better family. You are all so amazing that I have to stop talking about you because every time I do I feel like I am bragging. Ha ha.

Pray that I can have an eye of faith. I will pray for you. Pray that I can be happy!!!

Elder Mason

No comments: