Monday, March 30, 2009

From the little Island in the Carribean

Dear Everyone,


How is everything? Mom and Dad, how was the bass fishing? I am doing well. This morning was busy. We helped move some other Elders. The past week has been good. We had a Zone meeting and interviews with the president. Mine went very very well. He said that he had no complaints and told me to just keep doing what I am doing. For some reason, he said randomly, "And Elder tell your family I said hi." So, "Hi," from President Gingery.


Transfer calls are coming up this Saturday. I am excited to see what happens. I might be leaving and I might be staying. All that I know is that my companion is staying in this area for his last transfer.


The last two weeks a rasta man has come to church. He has a painted cane and moccasin. During the hymns he waves around his moccasin. This week some kids caught him bathing in the baptismal font. A member of the branch presidency told him to get out because it was the baptismal font. As the man came out he was saying stuff like " Mi Baptize mi self!" I got a good laugh.


We are teaching many good people and I still need all your prayers. I still need to be a better missionary.


Something else crazy happened this week. Elder Ivie and I stopped at a family's house as they were putting things in the car. I went over to the mother and told her that my name is Elder Mason. I asked her what her's was and she said that her last name was Mason also. This I believed but then she said "and my mother-in-law's name is Elder Mason." I didn't believe it. She told me to ask her husband so I walked up to him and covered my name tag and asked what his mom's name was. He promptly said that it was Elder Mason. What are the chances? I have the same name as some old lady!


There is an awesome family in our area that reminds me of Aaron and Julia. They have a young daughter and a newborn son. They are so nice and asked us to come and teach one of his friends on Tuesday. They are both return missionaries and they feed us every Wednesday night.


There was a branch member missionary fireside last night. It went well and the husband gave a really good talk.


There is an army of missionaries here in Portmore. There are 12 missionaries in this one branch. The branch only has about 130 active members. We are all working hard to do well.


Thank you so much for everything. I love you all so much. Thank you for the email, Jared. Keep it up. Work hard. I will keep praying for you. Keep up your prayers for me. I need them. Pray that I can be a better missionary.


Love,


Elder Dan Mason

No comments: