Hello everyone,
How is everything going? I am doing well. My zone and area are doing very well. The Lord has blessed us with a good area. However, there is always much room for improvement.
Rachelle, I got your letter. Ya, I got your cookies in the MTC. They were very good. I wrote you back. Have you gotten my letter? I realized this week how blessed I really am. I could be freezing in the States but I am sweating and getting a tan and walking next to huge green landscapes with palm trees.
One thing that I also figured out this week is about the Pirates of the Carribean. The scene where there is the pirate town, the really wicked one. That is modeled after a place called Port Royal in Jamaica. So i hear it was the richest and wickedest pirate haven in the world.
My companion is named Elder Brown. From Clearfield, Utah. He is nice. He also would be perfectly fine just being alone and talking to no one. Dad, to answer your question every white missionary gets called whitey.
Here are some things about Jamaica. The culture is rough and very in your face. Men do not give hugs to other men. Not at all. If you have something on you face they tell you. Also the word fat is not bad. It is used just to describe someone.
There are more Chinese people in Jamaica than white people and I have not seen very many Chinese people so as you would guess, race comes up often when we are teaching.
The average age that someone thinks that I am is 22. However some think I am in my 30's. It is the same with my companion but they say I look older.
I wish I had more pictures to send but I do not. I really am not by any really pretty spots. My area is mostly houses and ghettos.
The food here is very good. There are many different kinds of chicken: Jerk (only in Jamaica), baked, stewed, curry, and many more. Ox tail is good also.
Maggie and Nate, Br Nuggent is a big deal here. He is coming to give a speech sometime. How do you know them again? Maybe tell him to say hi for you. I should have talked to him. I love you all!!


No comments:
Post a Comment